REPORTING TO THE MECHANICAL SUPERVISOR, THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL;
- Assist in the installation of new machines in the plant.
- Diagnose and attend to all mechanical faults and breakdowns
- Conduct preventive, autonomous, breakdown maintenance
- Report and assist in the analysis of incidents or potential hazards.
- Monitor and record the use of work place consumables and make requisitions where required.
- Use and maintain workshop tools in accordance to working conditions and specifications.
- Daily check and confirm that machines meet safety standards
- Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage schedules and procedures for equipment maintenance.
- Prepare daily maintenance reports for submission to the Mechanical Supervisor and Production Officer
- Provide operational support to the Machine Operators
- Participate in daily housekeeping practices
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Manufacturing / Industrial option) from recognized institutions.
- Craft II and III is an added advantage
- 2 and above years of experience in Mechanical repairs and maintenance in a manufacturing set up.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Strong mechanical aptitude, mathematical and troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and good customer care skills
- Ability to handle multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced working environment, ability to work extra hours, self-driven, flexible, results focused, creative, innovative, work under pressure with minimum supervision. S/he should be flexible to work at on call and be physically and mentally fit, fast and resilient to operational procedures.
Interested candidates should visit our website i.e www.mukwano.com, go to the career page and upload the Cover letter, CV and Academic Credentials. Only online applications will be accepted.
Closing date of receiving applications is two weeks from the date of this advertisement i.e. from 12th January 2022 to 26th January 2022.
Only successful candidates will be contacted within one week after the closing date. Any form of canvassing is prohibited.
All successful candidates will be offered competitive remuneration packages.
|Job Category||Eng. Services, Mechanical|