REPORTING TO LEAD INTERNAL AUDITOR, THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL;
- Plan, organize and carry out the internal audit function including the preparation of an audit plan which fulfils the responsibility of the department, scheduling and assigning work and estimating resource needs
- Conduct review process to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Execute detailed audit procedures including reviewing transactions, documents, records and policies for accuracy and meeting set deadlines.
- Conduct inventory verification in all locations in different plants.
- Carry out physical asset verification within the organization.
- Perform individual audits according to the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing issued by theInstitute of Internal Auditors.
- Participate in or conducting evaluation and costing studies as directed by the Internal Audit Manager.
- Conduct scheduled and special audits and making recommendations for improvement.
- Revise audit programs as appropriate to make them apply to the audit to be performed
- Implement audit principles and procedures as per audit professional obligations
- Develop more detailed audit techniques and procedures for specific areas assigned if necessary.
- Schedule contacts with the audited officials and employees on matters relative to audit assignments so they are not unnecessarily disrupted.
- Present reports and discuss findings and recommendations with the Lead Internal Auditor.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Commerce with accounting specialty or any other related field
- Additional certification qualifications in accounting packages like CPA, ACCA, etc is an added advantage.
- At least 2years of working experience in an FMCG environment in the same position.
- knowledge of computerised accounting and auditing record keeping systems
SKILLS & PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- S/he must have excellent professional, integrity, confidentiality, analytical, conceptual, creativity, innovative,numerical, report writing, communication and customer care skills. Should have a positive attitude, be self-driven, flexible, results focused, work under pressure with minimum supervision and the ability to work extra hours
Closing date of receiving applications is two weeks from the date of this advertisement i.e from 04th to 15th March 2019.
Only successful candidates will be contacted within one week after the closing date. Any form of canvassing is prohibited. All successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary and benefits.