REPORTING TO THE INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEER, THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL;
- Devising, selecting, and setting up electronic instrumentation and related electro-mechanical and electro hydraulic apparatus used in the group.
- Responsible for translating instrumentation test data to formulate Engineering designs and evaluation decisions
- Responsible for scheduling and carrying out periodic preventive/corrective maintenance and calibration of all instrumentation gadgets
- Select and ensure strategic positioning and installation of instrumentation gadgets on all projects and modifications.
- Responsible for developing specifications for non standard instrumentation apparatus according to engineering data, characteristics of equipment under test and capabilities of test apparatus and will advice the engineering team on the quality of instrumentation gadgets required.
- Periodically direct and ensure preventive/corrective maintenance and calibration of all test apparatus and peripheral equipment.
- Ensure that all instrumentation gadgets in plants are functionally operational to effectively support quality and efficiency during production.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices and follow standard operating procedures effectively.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree, Higher or Ordinary Diploma in Electrical Engineering from recognized institutions.
- 2 and above years of experience in the Instrumentation section of a manufacturing set up.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Strong mechanical aptitude, mathematical and troubleshooting skills
- Should have a positive attitude, effective communication, professional presentation, high level of integrity and confidentiality, ability to work extra hours, self-driven, flexible, results focused, creative, innovative, work under pressure with minimum supervision. S/he should have excellent good customer care skills, should be flexible to work at on call and be physically and mentally fit, fast and resilient to operational procedures.
Closing date of receiving applications is two weeks from the date of this advertisement i.e from 04th to 15th March 2019.
Only successful candidates will be contacted within one week after the closing date. Any form of canvassing is prohibited. All successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary and benefits.