REPORTING TO THE EHS OFFICER, THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL;
- Perform regular checks on the fire engine following guidelines issued by the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor.
- Drive the fire engine to the assigned/specified destinations and operate the engine to fight fire.
- Identify fire prone areas and manage them properly.
- Undertake routine cleaning and preventive maintenance of fire engine as per the approved schedule.
- Carry out fire hazard assessments.
- Reporting mechanical faults to the EHS Officer and Transport Supervisor
- Work with the firemen with regard to fire fighting, implementing precautionary and preventive measures in all functions.
- Adhere to the health and safety and QMS guidelines at all times
- Any other duties assigned by the EHS Officer.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Uganda Certificate of Education or Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education 2
- Valid driving permit with the relevant class
- 03 years experience in driving heavy vehicles
SKILLS & PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, effective communication skills, excellent customer care skills, sound decision making skills and ability to work in the field.
- Integrity, flexible, good interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, a positive attitude, enthusiasm, results focused, creative and innovative among others.
Only successful candidates will be contacted within one week after the closing date. Any form of canvassing is prohibited.
All successful candidates will be offered competitive remuneration packages.
All successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package.