REPORTING TO THE EHS OFFICER, THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL;
- Perform regular checks on the fire engine following guidelines issued by the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor.
- Drive the fire engine to the assigned/specified destinations and operate the engine to fight fire.
- Identify fire prone areas and manage them properly.
- Undertake routine preventive maintenance of fire engine.
- Carry out fire hazard assessments.
- Arrange for cleaning of the fire engine as per approved cleaning schedule.
- Reporting mechanical faults to the EHS Officer and Transport Supervisor
- Work with the firemen with regard to fire fighting, implementing precautionary and preventive measures in all functions.
- Adhere to the health and safety and QMS guidelines at all times
- Any other duties assigned by the EHS Officer.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Uganda Certificate of Education
- Valid driving permit with the relevant class
- 5 years experience in driving heavy vehicles
SKILLS & PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Ability to work independently in carrying out assignments to completion
- Effective Verbal and written communication.
- Customer service orientation skills.
- Considerable ability to adhere to prescribed routines and practices; and compose effective and accurate correspondence
- Dealing with non-routine matters, such as special projects, with minimum specific instructions
- Decision making skills is required
Closing date of receiving applications is two weeks from the date of this advertisement i.e from 04th to 15th March 2019.
Only successful candidates will be contacted within one week after the closing date. Any form of canvassing is prohibited. All successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary and benefits.