REPORTING TO THE EHS OFFICER, THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL;
- Service firefighting equipment
- Perform routine checks and identify any potential fire hazards
- Implement precautionary and preventive measures in all functions
- Maintain fire exits and make sure there are free of any obstructions
- Identify possible causes of fire
- Implement emergency preparedness and response procedures
- Install fire extinguishers in company premises
- Guided by the Fire Officer repair fire equipment
- Adhere to the health and safety and QMS guidelines at all times
- Any other duties assigned by the Fire Supervisor
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Uganda certificate of Education and training in fire safety techniques
- 2 years of relevant experience in a similar field is required
SKILLS & PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Ability to work independently in carrying out assignments to completion
- Effective Verbal and written communication.
- Customer service orientation skills.
- Considerable ability to adhere to prescribed routines and practices; and compose effective and accurate correspondence
- Dealing with non-routine matters, such as special projects, with minimum specific instructions
- Decision making skills is required.
Closing date of receiving applications is two weeks from the date of this advertisement i.e from 04th to 15th March 2019.
Only successful candidates will be contacted within one week after the closing date. Any form of canvassing is prohibited. All successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary and benefits.